Suburban Home Health is a jointly owned venture between Riverview Health, Hancock Health and Witham Health Services. We are an expanding agency with exciting and new career opportunities. At Suburban Home Health we consider our people to be our most important asset. It is our hope that our associates will fulfill their personal and professional goals with Suburban and that they will dedicate their skills and talents to meeting the needs of our patients, our community, and to the success of the agency. Our “Patient’s First” culture encourages active participation in the delivery of excellent patient care and values our associates as professionals.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in the home to adult and/or geriatric patients.
- Assesses the patient to identify physical, psycho-social and environmental needs
- Communicates with the multidisciplinary team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists regarding patient progress
- Works under the direction of an RN Case Manager while demonstrating knowledge and technical skill necessary for providing competent, comprehensive and age-specific patient care.
- Provides nursing care within the parameters set forth by the physician’s orders and RN Case Manager assessment to ensure positive patient care outcomes.
- Documents patient progress and reports any significant changes in a timely manner to the supervising RN Case Manager.
- Educates patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides patients with the knowledge and assistance to learn appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assist in the administration of medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holder of a current permanent or temporary license from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board in registered nursing.
- Possess good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Must possess an Indiana Driver's license and automobile liability coverage as required by the State of Indiana.
- Must have the ability to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed