Suburban Home Health is a jointly owned venture between Hancock Health, Riverview Health and Witham Health Services. We are an expanding agency with exciting and new career opportunities. At Suburban Home Health we consider our people to be our most important asset. It is our hope that our associates will fulfill their personal and professional goals with Suburban and that they will dedicate their skills and talents to meeting the needs of our patients, our community, and to the success of the agency. Our “Patient’s First” culture encourages active participation in the delivery of excellent patient care and values our associates as professionals.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for providing rehabilitation treatment and care in the home to adult and/or geriatric patients of Suburban Home Health.
- Evaluates patients and develops a rehabilitation plan within the parameters prescribed by the referring physician to improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction.
- Documents patient progress and communicates with other clinicians such as occupational therapy, speech therapy and skilled nursing on the status of patient’s treatment plans.
- Administers active and passive exercises to help relieve pain, increase patient strength or decrease or prevent deformity.
- Directs physical therapist assistants and home health aids on the course of treatment for designated patients
- Educates and instructs patients, families and caregivers regarding treatments plans and procedures.
- Plans discharge when patient goals have been attained and communicates proper follow-up care to patient and caregivers.
- Adheres to established organizational and departmental policies, standard operating procedures, quality assessment, and safety guidelines.
- Displays and maintains behavior which promotes a positive experience for patients, caregivers, referring physicians and co-workers.
- Provides on-call care up to once a month on Saturday and Sunday between 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Graduate degree, or equivalent years of experience, from an accredited school of physical therapy and holder of a current permanent or temporary license from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board required.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and proof of automobile insurance.
- CPR certification or willingness to gain CPR certification required.
- Must possess attention to detail skills.
- Ability to prioritize work using fundamental time management skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to foster a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare system work environment and the role of the physical therapist in the “health care team” required.
- Demonstrates knowledge and technical skill necessary for providing competent, comprehensive patient care.
- Must possess problem solving abilities, excellent customer service skills and Patient First characteristics.
- Ability to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience in a home health work setting is preferred, but not required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed