Suburban Home Health is a jointly owned venture between Hancock Health, Riverview Health and Witham Health Services. We are an expanding agency with exciting and new career opportunities. At Suburban Home Health we consider our people to be our most important asset. It is our hope that our associates will fulfill their personal and professional goals with Suburban and that they will dedicate their skills and talents to meeting the needs of our patients, our community, and to the success of the agency. Our “Patient’s First” culture encourages active participation in the delivery of excellent patient care and values our associates as professionals.
The RN Case Manager is responsible for the assessment, coordination and delivery of care to Suburban Home Health patients. The RN Case Manager provides skilled nursing services in accordance with adult and geriatric patient’s plan of care. This includes a comprehensive evaluation, ongoing monitoring of home health services, as well as education and training to patients, caregivers, and family members.
The RN Case Manager is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of all patients on his/her designated caseload to ensure appropriate utilization of home health services.
- Completes initial and ongoing assessments to establish an individualized home health plan of care with the following physician.
- Considers physical, psychological, and socioeconomic needs of patients when developing treatment plan.
- Monitors homebound status, ensures effective interdisciplinary communication and makes necessary revisions to plan of care as patient needs change.
- Administers nursing procedures and treatments as indicated by the physician to ensure patients achieve desired outcomes while on home health services.
- Provides education to patients and caregivers regarding medical condition, treatment plan and coordination of care.
- Supervises visit nurses and home health aides per regulatory requirements.
- Communicates with the physician regarding patient needs and reports any changes in patient condition and obtains physician orders as needed for revisions to plan of care.
- Facilitates communication with interdisciplinary team regarding patient goals and coordination of care
- Assures accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation and communicates with physicians and clinicians to ensure outcomes are met
- Communicates discharge plans to patient, family members, and physician accordingly
- Participates in on-call duties for assigned regions
- Attends nurse meetings, case conference, educational in-services, and quarterly all-staff meetings
- Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited college/university required. Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Must possess current license from the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
- At least one year’s experience in nursing required.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge in home health preferred.
- Previous home health case management experience preferred
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, utilizing fundamental time management skills.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed