The Visit Nurse provides direct patient care in the home to adult and/or geriatric patients.
- Assesses the patient to identify physical, psycho-social and environmental needs
- Communicates with the multidisciplinary team of physical therapist, occupational therapist and speech therapist regarding patient progress
- Works under the direction of an RN Case Manager while demonstrating knowledge and technical skill necessary for providing competent, comprehensive and age-specific patient care.
- Provides nursing care within the parameters set forth by the physicians orders and RN Case Manager assessment to ensure positive patient care outcomes.
- Documents patient progress and reports any significant changes in a timely manner to the supervising RN Case Manager.
- Educates patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides patients with the knowledge and assistance to learn appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assist in the administration of medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments